London-based Albion Ventures has rebranded as Albion Capital. According to the firm, it currently manages just under 1 billion pounds in assets.
London, 12 June 2017: Albion Ventures, the leading independent investment manager with a long-term record of partnering ambitious business, has rebranded as Albion Capital.
The rebrand reflects the evolution of the Group, encompassing the growth of its venture capital, renewable energy, care home and IP commercialisation businesses, and the successful integration of OLIM Investment Managers, the value-oriented equity specialists acquired in September 2016.
Albion Capital combines decades of investment experience from the Albion Ventures and OLIM teams providing an offering with expertise across the full spectrum of UK equity investing, from early stage start-ups all the way through to FTSE100 companies.
The integration of OLIM marks Albion Capital’s entry into the charities sector and bespoke private client investment management, and expands its existing fund range. Albion Capital manages or provides administration services with respect to just under £1bn of assets, and comprises the following businesses and funds:
· Venture Capital Trusts (£340m) – Six VCTs investing in private companies to deliver income and capital growth
· OLIM Investment Managers (£495m) – A specialist quoted equity fund manager with a high conviction, value-oriented approach
· UCL Technology Fund (£53m) – A partnership with UCL, investing in intellectual property commercialisation opportunities from the university’s research base
· Albion Community Power (£80m) – A power generation company developing community-scale renewable energy projects in the UK
· Albion Care Communities (£25m) – A business developing and operating high-end care homes for the elderly
Patrick Reeve, Managing Partner, Albion Capital, says: “Albion Capital represents a stronger, more diverse investment management business employing a high conviction approach to support ambitious growth strategies. We make sustainable returns by backing businesses for the long-term to give clients growth, income and lasting value.
“We are now in a position to leverage the complementary skills of our expanded investment team and look forward to making the most of the opportunities that the Albion Capital brand will deliver.”
About Albion Capital
Albion Capital is a leading independent investment manager with a long-term record of partnering ambitious business. The Albion Group has funds of just under £1 billion under investment management or administration.
The Albion Group invests anywhere between £250,000 and £12 million into companies to create long-term value for charities, private clients and other retail investors.
Albion Capital Group LLP is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.