What follows is a set of VC funding items culled from recent Regulation D filings with the SEC. None of these deals has been otherwise announced:
* SmartDrive Systems Inc., a San Diego-based provider of driver risk management systems and services, has secured nearly $43 million of a $46 million Series D round. New Enterprise Associates led the deal, and was joined by return backers Oak Investment Partners, Revolution Ventures, the Founders Fund and Western Technology Investments. www.smartdrive.net
* Takkle Inc., a New York-based online social network for high school sports, has raised nearly $7 million in Series A-1 funding. Liberty Associated Partners was joined by return backers WMG Investments and Greycroft Partners. No word on whether this is completely new money, or just an add-on to a $5 million Series A round it raised last year. www.takkle.com
* BreakingPoint Systems Inc., an Austin, Texas-based developer of network test equipment, has raised $15 million in Series C funding. Backers include Austin Ventures and Genesis Inventions LP.
* Fluxion Biosciences Inc., developer of microfluidic systems for single-cell analysis, has raised $6.85 million in Series B funding. Backers include Kodiak Venture Partners, Claremont Creek Ventures and Life Science Angel Investors. www.fluxionbio.com
* CoreTrace Corp., an Austin, Texas-based IT security startup, has raised $8.02 million in Series A funding. Backers include Venrock and Hunt Ventures. www.coretrace.com
* JoMaJa Inc., a San Francisco-based online marketplace, has raised $3.2 million in Series A funding led by Catamount Ventures. The company is founded by three former executives of StepUp Commerce, which was acquired by Intuit. One of them, Adam Jackson, has a LinkedIn profile that indicates the company will focus on the automotive space.
* DGP Labs Inc., a New York-based Internet startup, has secured $4.75 million of a $5.25 million Series A round. Backers include Bessemer Venture Partners and General Catalyst Partners, with Rob Stavis of Bessemer and Hemant Taneja joining the DGP board of directors. No word yet on what the company actually does. www.dgplabs.com
* Zilliant Inc., an Austin, Texas-based provider of price optimization and management software, has raised $4 million in Series F funding. Liberty Mutual was joined by return backers Austin Ventures, Cardinal Venture Capital, Trellis Partners and JPMorgan Partners. The company has raised around $40 million in total VC funding since 1999. www.zilliant.com