What follows is a set of VC funding items culled from recent Regulation D filings with the SEC. None of these deals has been otherwise announced:
* CardioMEMS Inc., an Atlanta-based developer of wireless medical pressure sensors, has called down $23.28 million of a $31.5 million Series D round. The deal comes four months after CardioMEMS withdrew registration for an $86.25 million IPO, which it said would have been “discretionary.” No new shareholders are listed on the filing by CardioMEMS, which previously had raised $52.6 million from firms like Arcapita, Boston Millennia Partners, Foundation Medical Partners, Easton Capital Partners, Medtronic Inc. and Johnson and Johnson Development Corp.
* Rave Wireless Inc., a New York–based provider of mobile phone programs for colleges and universities, has raised $18 million in Series C funding. Trilogy Equity Partners was joined by return backers Bain Capital Ventures, Sigma Partners and RRE Ventures. It previously had raised around $17 million since 2005. www.ravewireless.com
* Turn Inc., a San Mateo, Calif.-based online automatic-targeting advertising network, has raised $8 million in Series B funding. Listed shareholders are return backers Norwest Venture Partners, Trident Capital and Shasta Ventures. It closed on an $18 million Series A round in late 2006. www.turn.com
* Solarity Inc., an Atlanta-based developer of nano-structured solar cells, has raised $5 million in Series A funding led by New Enterprise Associates. The company is being spun out of Georgia Tech, and is founded by Ajeet Rohatgi.
* Cocona Inc., a Longmont, Colo.-based maker of textiles using green-friendly polymers derived from coconut shells, has raised $4.86 million in Series A funding led by FairHaven Capital Partners. The deal had been previously disclosed, but without the dollar amount. www.coconafabrics.com
* NCSRT Inc. has raised $5 million in Series A funding from Inverness Capital Partners. The Apex, N.C.-based company makes filtration and separation systems and consumables for the food processing, biotech and pharmaceutical industries. www.ncsrt.com
* Stonybrook Water Purification Inc., a Setauket, N.Y.-based water purification startup, has secured $500,000 of a $4.1 million Series A round. Backers include Battery Ventures, TianDi Growth Partners, T2 Venture Partners and Modern Water PLC. www.stonybrook-water.com
* Positive Networks Inc., an Overland, Kansas-based provider of virtual private networks (VPNs), has called down $2.35 million of a $3 million Series C round. Backers include Digital Coast Ventures and Mariner Capital Ventures. www.positivenetworks.com
* Tribotek Inc., a Burlington, Mass.-based maker of high-current density power and data connectors, has raised $2.98 million in Series E funding. Backers include J&W Seligman & Co. and Lehman Brothers. www.tribotek-connectors.com