HgCapital Backs Swedish Windfarm

HgCapital has acquired a 75% stake in a Swedish wind farm called the Havsnas. The total deal is valued at EUR 185 million, including a EUR 127 million construction and term project finance loan from CommerzBank, ING Bank and NordLB. The remaining 25% equity stake will be retained by wind farm developer Renewable Energy Systems (RES).




HgCapital, the European sector-focused private equity investor, today announces it has acquired a 75% stake in the 95.4MW Havsnas wind farm in Sweden, which will be the largest onshore wind farm in Sweden and one of the largest in Europe. The investment is groundbreaking, not only for its size, but also for its innovative project financing