* Simon Walker defends private equity-backed IPOs
* Transcript of Fareed Zakaria’s recent interview with Paul Volcker, who keeps fighting for his eponymous rule
* New York City is getting its own startup accelerator.
* Caroline McCarthy: What Kevin Smith means for the future of PR
* Martin Wolfe takes down Niall Ferguson’s recent suggestion that America is the next Greece.
* Zach Kouwe quits the NY Times, after getting busted for lifting copy from the WSJ. He’s a very good reporter — particularly on PE scoop — and will get another chance (if he wants it).
* Allen Stanford has had a very bad year.
* Now that neither Dylan Ratigan nor Charlie Gasparino are on CNBC, an animated look back at one of their more notable moments: