* Eric Janszen: Welcome to the false recovery
* James McQuivey: Why the iPad actually strenthens Amazon’s position.
* Simon Johnson: Jaimie Dimon is the most dangerous man in America
* Megan McArdle: Shouldn’t we just call Fannie and Freddie obligations “sovereign debt?”
* Credit Suisse survey: Global hedge fund assets could match their pre-crisis peak of $2 trillion by the end of 2010.
* Dow Jones is reporting that VC firms raised $4.11 billion for 34 funds in the first quarter. This is lower than the Q3 or Q4 2009 totals, but higher than Q1 2009 (sorry, no link).
* Brightcove raises another $12 million “on its way to IPO.” Does that mean Brightcove’s VCs have given up their longstanding efforts to find a strategic buyer?
* More than 550 readers already have tickets for our San Francisco Shindig, which takes place one week from tomorrow night. Get yours here.
* Shouldn’t we all have next Friday off for National Foursquare Day?