* Mark MacLeod: Earn-outs (almost) never work
* Dan Caplinger: Don’t rush to buy Europe’s “bargains”
* FDIC “balancing act” offers new approach to bank deals
* Glucose biofuel cell could revolutionize medical technology
* BC Partners wins an investment period extension. The bigger question is whether it will “win” a new fund…
* John Lilly, the former Mozilla boss who just moved over to Greylock Partners, believes that Firefox is on the decline.
* Tweet of the Day: @katierosman The only email I am guaranteed to open is one that is recalled.
* Bain & Co: 10 steps to successful M&A integration (.pdf)
* Who owns the corporation?