Date: Dec. 10 at 9 a.m. PST
To Register: Please contact Greg Winterton at (646) 223 6787 or Greg.Winterton@ThomsonReuters.com
Event Description: This 90-minute webinar will help VC and PE funds navigate the federal government’s SBIC program, which has a $3 billion allocation this fiscal year. The program offers access up to $150 million for a single fund and up to $225 million for a family of funds. The application process is competitive, but our expert panel can help give you the skills that may make you a winner.
This 90-minute Webinar will discuss such topics as:
• How much time and effort is involved in the application effort? What sorts of resources can or should be outsourced? Does the process get easier for second-time applicants?
• How has the recession impacted competition for funds allocated under the program? How do current interest rates compare to historical norms, and what factors would contribute to a further drop, or an increase, in prevailing rates?
• How can the program be used to create a drop-down fund, in which a general partner allocates existing capital commitments in other funds to a separate SBIC fund in order to obtain the SBA match?
• Chuck Morton, Partner at law firm Venable
• Steve Gord, Partner at private equity firm Boathouse Capital
• Alan Roth, Partner at Wildman Harrold
• Brett Palmer, President of the NASBIC