Company___Amount $M___Select Investors___Description
- Infinia Corp.___$50.00___Idealab, Khosla Ventures, Vulcan Capital, Wexford Capital___Develops and delivers Stirling engines and generators.
- Suniva Inc.___$40.00___Advanced Equities Capital Partners, HIG Capital Management, New Enterprise Associates___Develops and manufactures silicon photovoltaic (PV) cells.
- Ausra Inc.___$30.00___Khosla Ventures, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers___Develops solar electric power parks.
- Mascoma Corp.___$30.00___Atlas Venture, Flagship Ventures, General Catalyst Partners, Khosla Ventures, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Pinnacle Ventures, VantagePoint Venture Partners___Develops technologies for producing ethanol from cellulosic biomass.
- Miles Electric Vehicles___$15.00___Angeleno Group, Undisclosed Investor___Manufactures electric cars and trucks.
- Lion Cells Inc.___$12.05___Battery Ventures, Nth Power___Develops Lithium Ion cells used in rechargable batteries.
- Apex Construction Systems Inc.___$10.75___Element Partners (fka DFJ Element), Nth Power___Manufactures and markets the APEX-BLOCK system.
- NuScale Power Inc.___$2.65___CMEA Ventures, Undisclosed Investor___Operates as a nuclear reactor company.
- AlbEO Technologies Inc.___$1.50___Green Spark Ventures___Manufactures solid-state lighting products.
- ActaCell Inc.___$0.75___Applied Ventures, DFJ Mercury___Develops lithium ion batteries.
- North American Propane Inc.___n/a___Undisclosed Venture Firm___Operates retail propane distribution companies.
Largest cleantech investments by U.S.-based VCs for February 2007.
Source: Data by Thomson Financial for PwC/NVCA MoneyTree Survey.