What follows is a set of VC funding items culled from recent Regulation D filings with the SEC. None of these deals has been otherwise announced:
* Ruckus Wireless Inc., a Sunnyvale, Calif.-based home networking company, has raised around $7.5 million in Series E funding. The filing lists return backers Motorola Ventures, Sequoia Capital and WK Technology Fund. Ruckus previously had raised just over $31 million. www.ruckuswireless.com
* Fundamental Applied Biology Inc., a Menlo Park, Calif.- based developer of protein therapeutics, has called down $4.77 million of a $21.48 million Series B round. Alta Partners was joined by return backer SV Life Sciences. www.f-a-b-inc.com
* Vapotherm Inc., a Stevensville, Md.-based manufacturer of respiratory care devices, has raised $11.25 million in Series E funding. Return backers include QuestMark Partners. www.vtherm.com
* Juvaris BioTherapeutics Inc., a Pleasanton, Calif.-based developer of vaccines for cancer and infectious diseases, has closed its Series A round with around $15.88 million. The company announced the deal earlier in the year, saying it would be worth $12 million split between two tranches. The filing indicates that just over $13.8 million came in the form of equity, while the remainder was debt and a few convertible notes. Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers led the round. www.juvaris.com
* Ascent Therapeutics Inc., a Sherborn, Mass.-based drug development startup focused on cancer and inflammatory diseases, has secured $8 million of a $19 million Series A round. Backers include Healthcare Ventures, Novartis BioVentures and TVM.
* Bikam Pharmaceuticals Inc., a Cambridge, Mass.-based drug startup, has secured $3.64 million of an $11 million Series A round. Backers include Healthcare Ventures and CHL Medical Partners.
* Big Bear Entertainment Inc., a Tiburon, Calif.-based creator of animated music videos (“video mods”), has secured $400,000 of a $500,000 Series A round. Backers include El Dorado Ventures and Optix Pty Ltd (listed address is fox Studios Australia). www.bigbearent.com
* Rapt Inc., a San Francisco-based developer of price optimization and profitability management software, has raised around $3.39 million in bridge financing. Listed shareholders include Accel Partners and Levensohn Venture Partners. Last year, Accel and Levensohn reached an out-of-court settlement with two of Rapt’s three co-founders, who had alleged fraud and breach of fiduciary duty. Rapt previously had raised over $52 million. Rapt.pdf