Venture Capital Journal is thrilled to announce the opening of nominations for our second annual list identifying the rising stars of venture capital. For comparison, you can check out our inaugural Rising Stars feature published in January.
We’re looking for investors from around the world in early- to late-stage venture firms, but also eligible are up-and-comers from the LP community, as well as service providers, such as attorneys, bankers and placement agents. Factors we’re looking for include whether the person is under the radar, a potential future top leader in their profession and is proving themselves to be innovative or breaking new ground.
To be eligible for the list, nominees should be under the age of 40 on January 1, 2021.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS is Monday, November 2, 2020
When sending in nominations, include the following:
- The name and contact info of who is nominating. Anyone can nominate a Rising Star, whether they are PR reps, colleagues or industry peers. It’s not necessary to submit multiple nominations for each candidate.
- A link to the nominee’s online bio. Or copy and paste the person’s bio and include such information as the nominee’s name, age, title, firm and focus area.
- A brief description of what makes the person stand out, such as professional highlights or notable deals he or she has worked on. Details about performance or expertise are helpful.
- Tell us the impact the nominee is having on thought leadership. If the person is a blogger or impacted the firm’s investment thesis, for example, please include links to support that.
- A hi-res photo or a link to download an image of the nominee.
- Indicate the category for the nominee, such as early-stage VC, late-stage VC, GP founder, LP, CVC, angel investor, attorney, advisor, etc. Note that we will select and publish a list of 40 in total, not per category.
- The 40 Rising Stars from our inaugural list are not eligible for the 2021 edition. But if you nominated someone from last year, and they did not make it as a finalist, you can resubmit them as a nominee, assuming they are still under the age of 40.
Please be aware that any information disclosed in the nomination form is deemed suitable for publication.
Send nominations to VCJrisingstars@peimedia.com by November 2.
VCJ’s editorial team will decide the composition of the list ahead of its publication in the first issue of 2021.
Questions can also be emailed to VCJrisingstars@peimedia.com.