Sequoia Capital is raising new venture and growth funds to invest in China, according to filings with the SEC.
The funds include Sequoia’s fourth set of China-focused growth funds as well as Sequoia Capital China Venture Fund VI and two affiliated vehicles.
The target amount for each fund is listed as “indefinite.” Sequoia has not yet raised any capital for the funds, according to the filings.
Sequoia raised $625 million from 105 LPs for Sequoia Capital China Growth Fund III, according to a 2015 regulatory filing. A previous regulatory document shows Sequoia Capital China Venture Fund IV collected $349.5 million in 2013. The size of the firm’s fifth China venture fund, launched in 2014, was not reported.
Sequoia closed its fifth India-focused fund in January at $920 million.
The latest regulatory filings for the funds can be found here:
- Sequoia Capital China Venture Fund VI LP
- Sequoia Capital China Venture Partners Fund VI LP
- Sequoia Capital China Venture VI Principals Fund LP
- Sequoia Capital China Growth Partners Fund IV LP
- Sequoia Capital China Growth Principals Fund IV LP