* Jonathan Weil: CIT’s capital was all talk, no trousers.
* Carlyle Group execs in the WSJ: Let private equity help banks.
* Testimony from Flywheel Ventures’ Trevor Loy (.pdf), on behalf of the NVCA at yesterday’s Senate subcommittee hearing on proposed rules that would require all VC, PE and hedge funds to register as investment advisors. Not surprisingly, he was less enthusiastic than the folks over at Private Equity Council.
* Now you too can have IOUs from California, via the secondary market.
* Is there really a recovery in the works? Time to check with Google.
* A judge dismisses Donald Trump’s lawsuit against the NY Times. Apparently bruised ego is not a cause for legal action.
* If you can’t beat ’em, join ’em: Facebook may be working on Twitter integration.
* Krugman on Colbert:
|The Colbert Report||Mon – Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c|