* Does Apollo’s take-private of Parallel Petroleum signal a new model for private equity deals? In a semi-related note, does it mean that Apollo has decided it’s a leveraged buyout firm again?
* Steve Blank: Can you trust any VCs under 40?
* Marketplace host Scott Jagow interviews kids about the economy.
* Morning Call: U.S. futures point higher, London rises early, European shares climb on recovery optimisim, the Nikkei gains on steel and both China and Hong Kong shares rally.
* Venture firm Opus Capital cuts its carried interest from 25% to 20%. Biggest surprise is that Opus had 25% in the first place.
* The Big Money ♥’s Felix Salmon
* Sovereign anti-wealth fund? Singapore’s Temasek Holdings says net profit fall 67% from March 08 to March 09.
* Toyota is sticking with nickel for its Prius batteries, after testing out lithium-ion.
* Dave Callaway: The race to Dow 10K.
* Wasting Time: www.peopleofwalmart.com
* Is John Thain trying to join a private equity firm?