* William Cohan: “In the recent sale of the Texas’ troubled Guaranty Bank, the FDIC appeared to favor Spain’s Banco Bilbao over Blackstone, TPG, and other American private equity investors.”
* eBay CEO says that the Skype deal is going to close. Not sure what else he really could say…
* Daniel Indiviglio: Will net neutrality lead to usage-based Internet fees?
* Paul Volcker today will tell Congress to reinstate Glass Steagall.
* That didn’t take long… Perot Systems employee busted for insider trading on the Dell deal.
* Website of the Day: Tweets of Fury
* Comment of the day: Kent Goldman says that the “VC is broken” talk might be more reflective of startup ecoysystem strength than of VC market weakness.
* I have never before seen VentureBeat’s Matt Marshall dance. Now I have. Could have done without…
* Chris Cooper, head of private equity for Deloitte North China, says that the coming growth in Chinese investment activity will come in the consumer-related and healthcare sectors: