* Time for financial types to pick their Halloween costumes: Paulson as Leatherface, Bernanke as Dracula, Arthur Levitt as Dillinger, Geithner as Damien, Blankfein as a Giant Vampire Squid…
* Michael Corkery: What Bill Belichick could teach Goldman Sachs
* Have private equity bakeoffs returned to the middle markets?
* VentureSource: VC investment outside the U.S. rises 23% in Q3
* Jeremy Grantham believes the last hurrah (a.k.a. sucker’s rally) is almost over. Download his Q3 letter here
* European venture capitalists believe recent buyout losses will mean VC fundraising gains. Have they looked at recent VC returns? And by recent, I mean the past decade.
* Will the Ancestry.com IPO be something to look back on with fondness?
* Digital Equipment (DEC) founder Harlan Anderson has begun blogging: http://harlaneanderson.com
* Teddy Forstmann discusses the future of Wall Street: