* Bill Burnham: Why VCs don’t invest in early-stage consumer companies, and the consequences of this great abdication.
* Survey Says: M&A to increase 20%-30% in 2010
* Michael Corkery: It’s a great time to buy a Saab
* Sara Lacy: Not all entrepreneurs consider a billion dollar M&A exit to be a success. Some find it to be a “character flaw.”
* Bijan Sabet: “We’ve got to do a deal together” is VC-speak for “nice to see you.”
* Tweet of the Day #1: @herbgreenberg If I were still in media I’d be blasting Wall St. & Cos for STILL playing the beat the street game. After all we’ve gone thru…amazing!
* Tweet of the Day #2: @cleantechvc Early indicator of an economic rebound: I’m starting to get “attitude” from entrepreneurs again.
* Chip Hazard: At least someone is putting their job on the line
* ‘Tis the season… Jack Bauer vs. Santa Claus (h/t Brad Feld):