* Shades of Jim Chanos: Reuters looks at China Inc’s growing pains
* Sim Simeonov: The decade’s defining tech battle will be hardware vs. software
* Nic Brisbourne: Don’t worry Europe, there are still some VCs left here
* Bill Gates joins Twitter (as a user, not an exec): @billgates
* Roddy Boyd says Overstock.com’s Patrick Byrne is America’s nastiest CEO
* Jeremy Warner on why so many corporate takeovers cause more harm than good.
* Carl Schramm, CEO of The Kaufman Foundation, the the state of entrepreneurs: