* Clear Channel is cutting 1,850 jobs, or 9% of its workforce. Where are those “private equity creates jobs” studies when you need them?
* Four questions for Tim Geithner, and they have nothing to do with income taxes.
* RIP: Edmund de Rothschild
* Morning Call: U.S. futures mixed after sell-off, European shares drop on banks, Nikkei hits a 7-week low, Hong Kong is one week worse.
* The Financial Crisis and the Policy Responses: An Empirical Analysis of What Went Wrong (.pdf)
* What companies are actually doing well.
* Jack McHugh: Turn TARP into a gift matching program.
* Henry Blodget: Is the new Administration same as the last, when it comes to banking policy.
* WhiteHouse.gov is brand-spanking new, but the Obama team should allow comments on its blog.
* George Soros says that Obama is going to have to leave that $850b figure in the dust, if he really wants to stimulus to work.
* And finally…