* Tom Robbins keeps digging into how NYC Comptroller Bill Thompson talks the talk on placement agents, but doesn’t walk the walk.
* NY Post reports that Clear Channel is in early talks to restructure its debt, and the term “prepackaged bankruptcy” has been broached.
* Dan Mitchell: Defending Cheerios, Cereal of Liberty.
* Healthcare banker Jon Symonds is leaving Goldman Sachs for Novartis. Does that mean his grand plans for PE-backed pharma R&D have fizzled?
* Peter Coy: Why the bankruptcy process no longer works.
* MG Siegler: Twitter’s spectacularly awful 24 hours.
* How to set up an offshore tax haven in Panama. So easy, even an intern can do it: